When we ask clients about their biggest pain point, one that they often share is this: As automation systems get more complex and sophisticated, the talented people who support them are getting more difficult to retain, recruit and train. To help fill this need, Talos has been providing Service Agreements to our clients for nearly a decade. Here are some of the benefits that our Service Agreement clients have experienced:
- Additional “horsepower” to help internal staff address particularly complex challenges.
- Relief for client automation staff so that they have backup for late-night and weekend trouble calls, and so that they can take needed time off. This improves work-life balance for plant staff and promotes retention.
- Dedicated visits to address the typical backlog of incremental improvements that internal staff are unable to get to, and to help work through the typical “to-do” list during planned downtimes.
- Relief from the burden of having to recruit for replacement when automation staff retire or leave.
- Professional development for plant personnel. Our on-site engineers and technicians are often able to pass on tools and techniques that plant technical personnel can use to be more effective in their jobs.